Come & learn how to help & handle your own
No workshops are planned at the moment
Future Workshops (dates tbc)
- Firework fright / sound sensitivity
- Pulling on the lead / control issues
- Separation anxiety
- Excessive barking / vocalisation (dogs must be able to cope with being left in the car)
- Older, stiff or arthritic dogs
- Puppies and adolescents
- Getting the most from competition dogs / agility / heelwork to music etc.
- General anxiety or nervousness
- Handling issues - vets, hand shyness, grooming problems etc.
A programme entitled 'Coping with dog aggression' is currently being designed. This will potentially entail an initial assessment (one-to-one), attendance at 2 one-day workshops and a follow-up one-to-one session. The group will be limited to 4 dogs. Cost :tbc.
Please register your interest for further workshops here and you will be contacted when the dates are confirmed.
- How to assess your animal both visually & hands on
- How to do simple ttouches & when to use them
- Body wraps & their uses
- Leading exercises - how to walk on a loose lead
- The effects of stress on behaviour
- Calming signals - what they are, how & when to use
- The benefits of appropriate nutrition &
Tellington TTouch Workshop
- Fear or shyness
- Pulling on the lead or jumping up
- Fear of thunder or fireworks
- Hand-shyness or handling issues
- Mobility & ageing issues
- Separation anxiety
Follow-up Workshop 1
- The Confidence Course - how simple groundwork can improve
physical balance, positively influencing confidence
- Further ttouches
- More advanced leading exercise
- Leading your dog out of trouble, not into
- Further body wrap techniques
Workshop Aims & Structure
People with or
without dogs are welcome. If your dog has aggression issues, call
me to discuss whether it is appropriate to bring them along, or
leave them at home. Anyone attending without a dog will learn the
same skills as those with one.
As TTouch works on all beings with a nervous system, you will
experience what your companion may feel when we practice on each
other. I feel this is important - you can feel how small
adjustments can make a huge difference.
Workshops are kept small to ensure good one-on-one contact,
allowing individual issues to be addressed where appropriate.
If you would like to hold a workshop, contact me to discuss
dates & a venue.
Rescue Centres - I am happy to hold workshops for your staff
& volunteers without charge (apart from expenses).
Fundraisers can also be organised.